Masashi Kishimoto is the creator of the Naruto manga, which has become a real mass phenomenon all over the world and especially in Japan. It is due to his success that his seventy-two volumes have sold some 225 million copies worldwide.
With the quotes from Naruto Uzumaki, which you can read below, you will gradually enter the universe of one of the most famous ninja. Enjoy them!
1. I dream of becoming the best Hokage! That way people won’t treat me disrespectfully and treat me like someone important!
2. I’m not going to run away or take back what I say! This is my ninja way!
3. It’s almost unbearable, right? The pain of complete loneliness. I know the feeling, I was there, in this lonely dark place, but now there are other people, others who mean a lot to me. I care about them more than myself, and I won’t let anyone hurt them. That’s why I will never give up, I will stop you even if I have to kill you! They saved me from myself, they saved me from loneliness, they were the first to accept me for who I am. They are my friends.
4. I don’t care who I fight… If he rips my arms off, I kick him to death. If you rip my legs off, I’ll bite you to death. If you rip my head off, I’ll watch you die. And if he rips out my eyes, I’ll curse him to death… Even if they tear me to pieces… I’ll find a way to bring Sasuke back!
5. Then I will lift this curse. If there is peace, I will find it. I will not Give Up!
6. If you attack Konoha, I’ll have to fight you… So save your hate and take it out on me, I’m the only one who can stand it! That’s all I can do! I will bear your hatred and die with you! Because I’m your friend!
7. Don’t be sorry… I had a lot of hard times growing up as jinchūriki, but I never blamed you or dad. I couldn’t understand parental love because you were never around… so I could only guess. But now I know… I live because you and dad gave their lives for me, and you filled me with love before the Nine-Tails was inside me! Here I am happy and healthy! I’m glad to be your son!
8. Before I became a ninja, I was nobody, but I never gave up.
9. Once you’ve questioned your own beliefs, you’re done.
10. Hard work is useless for those who don’t believe in themselves.
11. Failure doesn’t give you a reason to give up as long as you have faith.
12. It’s not the face that makes a person a monster, but the decisions you make in your life.
13. When you give up, your dreams and everything else disappear.
14. People who continue to risk their lives to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist in legend.
15. Don’t underestimate me! I don’t give up and I don’t run! You can get tough all you want! You don’t scare me! Never! I don’t care if I stay a genin for the rest of my life! One day I’ll still be Hokage.
16. When I’m with Iruka-sensei, I think what it’s like to have a father…
17. When I’m with you [Sasuke], I think about what it’s like to have a brother.
18. If I become as strong as you, will I really become like you? Dying as a tool… it’s… it’s too sad.
19. So shut up about “fate” and… how people can’t change because… unlike me… you’re not a loser.
20. It is not known what pain will come after me, but … if I stop believing because of it, if the hero changes, then this will become a different story from the one that my teacher left. Then I won’t be Naruto. I can’t write novels like my teacher. That’s why the sequel has to come from the life I’m living, no matter how bad the pain is, I’ll keep going because Naruto is just like that!
21. I am the only one who can bear the weight of your hatred! This is my job, no one else’s! I will bear the burden of your hate… and we will die together!
22. The only thing that can prevent the fire from dying out and give it more strength is the wind.
23. Hey stupid fox! You are in my body and you owe me rent! So for a fee, I’ll take your chakra! You understand?!
24. When people stand up for something really special to them, they can really become… as strong as they can be.
25. If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want!
26. It is not the face that makes a person a monster, but the choice that he makes in his life.
27. Sasuke, I always knew you were lonely. At first I was happy because I thought you were the same as me. I wanted to talk to you! But you… didn’t say. Everyone was always looking at you. You could do it all and we were very different. That’s why I decided that you would be my rival. I didn’t want to lose because I was called a loser all the time. Even when we became Team 7, I still thought that. I’ve always tried to lie, but… but the truth is… I’ve always wanted to be like you. I aspired to be like you. That’s why… I was glad you wanted to fight me.
28. As long as you are alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find it is the same as being dead.
29. If the father’s responsibility is to protect the child… then my responsibility is to surpass the father.
30. I will become a tougher guy than my father. And in shinobi stronger than my mother!
31. Many lives lost during the long years of conflict… thanks to these selfless sacrifices, we can now bask in peace and prosperity. Instilling this history in a new generation will be a vital cog in the preservation of peace.
32. A real hero is always late.
33. Sasuke! Sasuke! Sasuke! What does he have that I don’t?
34. You’re not even human, you’re just a monster.
35. Better study, otherwise you will end up like me.
36. If you linger, I may already be Hokage.
37. Those cold looks that were directed only at me were much more painful than any training.
38. You should visit him from time to time, because he can get lonely.
39. How many lives we lost in those years of the war … thanks to these selfless sacrifices, we can now enjoy peace and prosperity. It is vital that the new generation understand our history in order to keep the peace.
40. When you have a connection with a friend… friendship can change the world in incredible ways.
41. I never go back on my words because that’s my ninja way.
42. If not for my friends, I would have completely lost my bearings.
43. Links are not about history or blood. It’s much stronger than that! You only need a feeling of love to create them.
44. Our will is like the strongest stone in the world.
45. Children cannot choose their parents, but they can choose their friends.